1. Kept snakes in the meat keeper of my refrigerator.
2. Graduated with a double major in English and Biology, then became a social worker.
3. Worked with biological warfare bacteria.
4. Cleared an entire floor of a biology department by opening a fresh slaughtered cow’s stomach (first chamber – needed the protozoa for an experiment).
5. Did the dead-woman-in-a-coffin thing for a haunted house in high school (the key is to keep your hands on bags of ice, so that when you reach out and grab someone – you get the picture.)
6. Worn an antebellum hoop skirt costume and managed not to show anyone the underwear.
7. Have over 60 hours of graduate studies, in linguistics and cellular biology and genetics.
8. Ran DNA tests (back in the day when you didn’t have a machine do it for you – and yes it was an extreme PIA.)
9. Logged close to 100 hours in a Pizza Hut counting the # of times people said “You know.”
10. Been told by 2 different college professors, “I have nothing left to teach you – you are better at this than I am.”